Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Still Crazy After All These Years...

Several years ago I tried logging into this blog and couldn't remember the user name or password to save my life. I thought it was hopeless. Then by accident I came across the thing this morning, clicked on "log-in," and by some miracle it just logged me in, somehow remembering the username and password despite two computer changes since my last visit. That, or the thing is so lonely it would have allowed anyone to log in just for the company.

So here we are, oozing through 2017. The kids are 16 and 17--driving, working, trying to finish high school without driving their parents bonkers. We still enjoy doing things together (and the kids remain willing to be seen with us in public without bags over their heads), though it's harder to get out there and do things than it used to be. Someone pretty much always needs to be somewhere. But we still get to Mount Vernon or the park or for walks in the neighborhood when we can...

We've done a few noteworthy things over the years. We've visited Haiti a few times (all four of us once, Nan or I a few other times--and we're studying Creole to help us when we visit again), we've sold the camper we loved when the Expedition died (literally... As in, motor, rear-end, and AC all went, with repairs totaling considerably more than the thing was worth) and at the time we couldn't afford a new towing vehicle so we've taken up tent-camping again (though we call our tent Hogwarts because it's about as big as the castle)... Nothing earth-shattering. But things we enjoy.

Hmmm... You know--
I should post a few pics from some of those events. (Here's one of our sheep-ish dog, Sam. He says hi and wishes you'd stop staring at him. It's giving him the willies.) Maybe, when I'm not supposed to be leaving for work, I'll post a few things here again just for fun. It's more like journaling than blogging because I doubt anyone knows this thing still exists. But it's been fun to go back to see the pictures and all from our "big trip," and maybe it'll be fun a few years from now to remember way back when to today.

Plus, if I don't give the NSA something interesting to read once in a while they start hacking my phone looking for photos to publish in the Weekly World News. It's hard to be an American...

Happy Wednesday, May 16th, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment